Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Jack Kerouac beatnick writer


 
                                                Jack Kerouac by Tom Palumbo circa 1956

I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.

Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.


My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them.


Maybe that's what life is... a wink of the eye and winking stars.


All human beings are also dream beings. Dreaming ties all mankind together.


Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.


My witness is the empty sky.


A pain stabbed my heart, as it did every time I saw a girl I loved who was going the opposite direction in this too-big world.


I hope it is true that a man can die and yet not only live in others but give them life, and not only life, but that great consciousness of life.


All of life is a foreign country.

“Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road.”

Jack Kerouac


No comments:

Post a Comment